Friday 2 March 2007

Panasonic PT-AX100E Hidden / System menu

Panasonic logo

Panasonic PT-AX100E
You can access a hidden menu on the Panasonic PT-AX100E projector by bringing up the menu, highlighting the "Options", er, option and holding down the Enter button for a few seconds. The "Options" menu must be highlighting the first option "Input Guide". The menu is called "Ext Options".

While I have no idea what most of these options actually do and therefore strongly recommend not changing them, I did have a fiddle with the "Flicker Fixing" option. In this you get six screens showing your current input in red, green and blue in desk and ceiling mode. You use the Up and Down controls to switch between screens and Left and Right to tune the value. If the image flickers, take a note of the original value, then tune the value until the flickering stops or becomes much less intense. Use the Return or Menu buttons to return to the menu.

Another option I looked at was the projector "Self Check" which gives you the temperature of the unit and tells you there are five fans inside! I sit directly underneath my projector, it is literally a foot above me, I can touch it while sitting. I use it in Eco-Mode and the noise it produces ranges from virtually silent to audible but unobtrusive. I'd have never guessed there were five fans working inside. The noise of the projector is drowned out by the fan on my Xbox (not 360) sitting a couple of meters away on the other side of the room!

Oh, and by the way, the projector is still working fabulously. Yay!

No comments: