Monday 26 March 2007

Expert of the Week: BBC.co.uk News

While certainly not wanting to make light of the murder of Pakistan cricket coach Bob Woolmer, I noted with some amusement the latest report headline on the BBC News.
Woolmer police 'eliminate no-one'

The reporter isn't credited on BBC.co.uk but someone should tell him, a murder investigation eliminating no-one is not exactly news. Even better, the report goes on to say this:
"Police in Jamaica investigating the murder of Pakistan cricket coach Bob Woolmer say no-one has been eliminated from their enquiry.

But deputy police commissioner Mark Shields told the UK Times newspaper there were no prime suspects."

Now the reason I found this funny was because it reminded me of another quote by a very famous French detective. When asked what he believed about the case he was working on he stated:
"I believe everything and I believe nothing. I suspect everyone and I suspect no one."

The name of this famous French detective: Detective Inspector Jacques Clouseau.

No comments: