Saturday 13 January 2007

The projector goes back

This is regarding my Panasonic AX100 with its fluctuating brightness problem also known as the Eco-Mode flicker. My blog entry.

Apparently Panasonic only swap out projectors within 28 days. Thanks to a four week delay by Panasonic's hilariously titled Customer Support department and a weekend-spanning delay by Superfi, I missed the 28 days. Despite having reported the problem 8 days after receiving the projector.

Still the projector has been returned to Superfi with an estimated resolution time of two weeks. That'll be the 23rd January 2007.

Amazingly, two days after returning the projector to Superfi, Panasonic Customer Support replied to my original email requesting, well, customer support. Here is what they wrote:
ISSUE RESOLUTION: Dear Mr Champion,

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry. Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for the uncharacteristic delay in our response. Due to an unexpected increase in the number of contacts we have recently received, we have been unable to provide as speedy a response as we would normally.

If you still require assistance, I would be grateful if you would confirm.

Firstly, I believe my understanding of the term "issue resolution" may differ somewhat from Panasonic's.

Secondly, the response delay is not uncharacteristic from my standpoint. I also owned a Panasonic AE200 (which I was very very very happy with) but an enquiry regarding this projector took months to materialise. So long that I had forgotten I had asked them about it. So long that I had sold the projector.

Thirdly, I replied within minutes. This was on Wednesday, 11th January 2007. It is now Saturday and I still haven't heard. The Panasonic website says that they aim to reply to all customer support emails with 24 hours. They might aim. They miss.

No comments: