Friday 19 January 2007

Chasing the light: 'my' Panasonic AX100 projector remains in the ether

A mere six days after my previous customer support request from Panasonic (good these 24-hour replies, aren't they?), Panasonic reply with a "it's nothing to do with us" and "there's nothing wrong with our projector" e-mail. They state, quite rightly (as I understand the Sales of Goods Act 1974), that Superfi are the ones who authorise replacements, refunds and repairs because that is where I bought it. Yet Superfi Coventry keep shifting the blame to Panasonic for their tardy service. Superfi Coventry also claim no knowledge of their legal obligations with Jameela repeatedly stating "I don't know anything about that." Jameela being the store manager. Hmm.

I also contacted Superfi Coventry today to see if I would be able to get my projector back next week as they initially suggested. Would it surprise you to learn that the answer was "No"? In fact, my projector had been sitting in their service centre for seven working days "waiting for Panasonic to collect it."

However, they did give me their Head Office number and suggested I call them. A helpful chap named Martin answered and seemed surprised that the projector was faulty (which is odd) and that I had reported this fault over a month ago. I guess he hadn't seen that detailed sheet of fault information I placed with the projector as he was simply moving the projector directly to Panasonic. He was unable to contact the person at Panasonic he was looking for this afternoon and promised to get back to me on Monday.

No comments: